I’m essentially going to be posting ethnographic notes on my experience working in retail. In order to feel at ease with such an ethnographic experiment I should lay out what may become (or be perceived) as biases within the study:
- This is my first retail job.
- I am only doing it to pass my free time and save money for a camera kit.
- As soon as I have said money for camera kit I will put in my two weeks notice.
- I do not want to continue working in retail.
- I have a low tolerance for bullshit.
- I have issues with asshats of privilege who assume that retail/food service employees are somehow lesser beings.
- My dad has always worked in food service.
I may add to this upon further self examination.